No matter where you are in the world, no matter your political alliances, Wednesday, January 6, 2021, will be a day that lives in infamy.
As we face these challenges within our nation, I want to issue a different kind of challenge, maybe one that will help us reset our minds, our spirits, and our agendas.
For the rest of 2021, I will be doing self-care Sundays, and I’d love if you’d join me. Here’s how:
- Disconnect from all Social Media beginning at 6 AM on Sunday mornings and ending at whatever time you start work on Monday mornings
- Find a good book, a series you want to binge or something else non-social media to keep you entertained
- Grab a fantastic pair of super comfy jammies or some other loungewear
- Stock up on tea, honey, lemon, or some other relaxing beverage (though wine is fine, its not really that great after so many glasses LOL)
- Gather your pillows and pets
- Keep the lights low and just breathe
After the turmoil of this past week, let alone this past year, I believe we all need purposeful, planned relaxation and restoration.
If you go to church, please remember to mask up, wear gloves, practice social distancing and above all remember that others around you need protection from you as much as you need protection from others.
Be kind to your neighbors and family and even more importantly, strangers.
On Monday evening, come back here and comment below on how you practiced Self Care Sunday. I’m anxious to see if you accepted my challenge and how it affected you.