In a normal year, we would be loathed to put up anything even remotely Christmas-related before Halloween, but I think we can all agree, this year is anything but normal.
Between the global pandemic, the world is experiencing, and the political mess we in the states are dealing with, this year’s holiday shopping season is requiring both small business owners, and shoppers alike to do things earlier, and differently.
Here is everything you need to know – from shipping deadlines, package tracking, and package handling – for your 2020 Holiday season.
SHIPPING FOR CLOTHING, SHOES & BAGS
Many of our items are manufactured overseas. With the current state of global affairs, if you wish to purchase an item from these categories, please do so before November 15th. These items may take up to 20 days to be delivered unless you choose to purchase express shipping. Tracking will be provided for ALL purchases.
JEWELRY & ALL OTHER ITEMS
While jewelry and other items are shipped from within the US, there are still postal issues that could interrupt your delivery times. Please place all orders by December 1st to help ensure delivery in time for Christmas. Jewelry ships via USPS First Class, free of charge, unless you choose to purchase the expedited shipping. Tracking is provided for both.
HANDLING PACKAGES AND PARCELS DURING THE PANDEMIC
Though COVID is spread primarily through the air and person-to-person contact, there has been great concern about the virus’s ability to live on surfaces and further spread the infection. In April of this year (2020) Houston Methodist published an excellent article about staying safe during the pandemic. The basic touchpoints being as follows:
- Avoid close contact with the delivery person. Ask for contact-free delivery, recommending that the package be left in a safe space outside your home. At the very least, be sure to maintain six feet of distance between yourself and the delivery person.
- Wash your hands after handling a package. After discarding the packaging, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with either soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Disinfect surfaces. For instance, if you set the package down on your kitchen counter while opening it, disinfect the counter using either household cleaner or a diluted bleach solution you can make at home.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. The good news it that the virus can’t infect you through your skin. But, you can get sick if it’s on your hands and you touch your eyes, nose or mouth. This means you should avoid touching your face as much as possible.
Of course, if you have any concerns that you may have COVID we urge you to contact your healthcare providers.
HOW WE ARE KEEPING SAFE IN OUR OFFICE:
As with any other business, our primary concern is the safety and welfare of our partners, employees, AND customers. This is how we’re handling all of the products produced in and shipped from our local studios.
- As soon as an item is finished in the manufacturing process, it is photographed, wiped with a CDC Approved cleansing wipe (our preferred wipes are the GREAT VALUE brand), and sealed inside a plastic bag with a zippered seal. These bags are then placed in sealed totes or plastic containers to await purchase and delivery
- Once an item is purchased, the outer package is wiped again before being gift-wrapped and placed in its mailing bag or envelope.
- All of our packages are wiped a final time and sprayed with Lysol spray before going to the post office.
- Our surfaces and frequently touched areas such as phones, computer keyboards, light switches, toilet or sink handles and faucets, doorknobs, and desk chairs are cleaned every 4 hours with disinfecting wipes. We also sweep and mop our floors twice daily.
- PPE is required for everyone in our facilities – this includes Facemasks and disposable gloves.
As always, if you have any questions about our products, shipping, or safety practices, please contact us.