Meet Cher(ise) Carter-Smoot
Just in case the photos don’t give it away – I am quirky and very eccentric. I’m a hippie chick with a bohemian spirit. I’m passionate about life, art, music, and love. I live for my family and I believe that kindness is the only currency that truly matters.
I was born in St. Louis, Missouri, grew up in a small west Texas town, and have lived in Utah, Chicago and Alabama, to name a few.
I’m addicted to music, documentaries, traveling, and meditation.
50 Things About Me
- I’m almost 55 years-old
- I’m not ashamed of my age. I didn’t think I’d make it past 30!
- I have four amazing children, three daughters, and one son.
- I have two amazing in-law children, a daughter-in-law and a son-in-law.
- I’ve been married four times – three of them to the same man.
- When I married my second husband for the second time, the JP’s office lost our marriage certificate, twice! So, technically, we’ve been married three times LOL.
- I was a mother at age 18 and married too. I don’t recommend early motherhood or marriage. Not because it can’t work, but it sure makes things hard.
- I was a grandmother at age 36. My oldest grandchild is now almost 19! I have six in total!
- I gave birth to my last child at age 32.
- In a span of three years, I had five dogs and they were all named Suzi.
- Don’t ask why. I don’t know. I just liked the name.
- Speaking of names, I was named after a very famous dancer, Cyd Charisse.
- I was also named after Nanette Fabre.
- I think my birth-father had a thing for chicks with legs.
- I was adopted by my step-dad at age 12.
- In my mind, he was the only father I ever had.
- He was killed on the job in 1999.
- He was 49 when he died.
- I miss him more and more every day as I get older.
- He was a libra.
- I have this thing with Libras.
- I also have a thing for red hair and blue eyes.
- That’s how my husband won me over 😉
- We’ll be celebrating our 30th anniversary this year in August
- BTW, my husband is a Libra. So was my ex-husband, and so are two of my kids.
The Next 25 Things
- I’m addicted to genealogy and family history.
- Probably because I don’t really have any family anymore except my husband, children, and grandchildren.
- My husband is a freakin’ genius
- I often envy his education
- I never finished high-school
- That hasn’t slowed me down but it’s not something I would recommend to anyone else
- I’ve been self-employed, either full-time or part-time, since I was 19 years old.
- My first “job” however, was working the concession stand at our local drive-in theatre when I was 12.
- I got fired near the end of the season for watching the movie instead of working.
- It was Sargent Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band with Peter Frampton. Can you blame me?
- I didn’t think so.
- I have done all sorts of work – plumber’s assistant, CNA, retail clerk, cashier, dishwasher, line cook, and waitress, residential rental property manager, delivery driver, bartender, and commercial property manager, to name a few.
- My first legitimate company was doing graphic design for local businesses for advertising in the Yellow Pages.
- My second legitimate company was called ‘E-Z Does It Cleaning Services’ and I cleaned houses for wealthy clientele on a big lake in Central Alabama.
- My company vehicle was one of the very first Dodge Caravan Mini-Vans.
- I hated that car!
- I started doing photography as a hobby when I was 12 years old.
- My first camera was a Kodak Instamatic.
- I knew then that I would always do something in the arts.
- I live, work and create in 135 square feet.
- I’m working towards owning my own tiny home (under 600 square feet)
- I found out in 2019 that I am dying from Congestive Heart Failure
- I also have Chronic Neurological Lyme Disease
- None of that slows me down. In fact, it drives me harder because
- I want to live my dream before I die 😀